Farmers Lives Matter SA

Suspects in court for alleged involvement in Ermelo farm murder

Home Forums ATTACKS AND MURDERS ON OUR SOUTH AFRICAN FARMERS. Suspects in court for alleged involvement in Ermelo farm murder

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #435083
    Nat Quinn
    Keymaster

     

    Suspects in court for alleged involvement in Ermelo farm murder

     

     

     

    Five suspects will appear in the Ermelo Magistrates Court on Thursday in connection with the murder of a local farmer in December.

    Fifty-nine-year-old Jannie Weideman’s body was discovered by his neighbour just days before Christmas after Mrs Weideman expressed her concern when she could not reach him on his phone.

    Police Spokesperson Colonel Donald Mdhluli says the hard work of the Ermelo Investigation Team and Secunda Murder and Robbery Unit led to the arrest of five suspects this week.

    He says police also recovered three firearms reportedly stolen during the attack including an extra firearm that was reported stolen in Piet Retief in May last year.

    Colonel Mdhluli says during the attack a rifle safe was stolen, jewellery worth more than R300 000 and a Toyota Hilux.

    He says the bakkie was later found abandoned in Breyton a day after the murder, however, the battery had been removed.

    According to police, the battery was found in the possession of one of the suspects.

    Two others have already appeared on the firearm charges and will be back in court next week.

    Colonel Mdhluli says they are now trying to establish if the gun stolen in Piet Retief last year was the weapon used to kill Weideman.

    He says more charges could be added as the investigation unfolds.

     

    source:Suspects in court for alleged involvement in Ermelo farm murder (algoafm.co.za)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.